How to Become a Member
SHEP is a non-profit organization for people who care about people who are deafblind.
There are two types of membership
1) Regular Membership: This includes persons who are deafblind, their parents/guardians, and adult siblings. When you join SHEP, you join a group that has a large network of people throughout the state who will provide support and knowledge. It is your ticket out of the isolation where can meet others who have some of the same issues and who can offer tips and listen with understanding. It also gives you the power as an advocate to change state policy and practice.
2) Associate Membership: This includes people who work in the field of deafblindness. Associates can be interveners, professionals, teachers, admins, advocates, and other interested parties. Associates can benefit from understanding the family and deafblind individual's viewpoint, sharing information with people around Oklahoma, and discovering new methods and grasping the philosophies in the field of deafblindness.
ONLINE PAYMENT FOR SHEP MEMBERSHIP
SHEP is exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our tax ID is 45-1494393.
Contributions to SHEP will be used in a number of ways:
- Funding for our future intervener program
- Funding towards community enrichment
- Funding for SSP training
- Funding for research and development into deafblind assistance professions
Donate to Sight Hearing Encouragement Program and help support our cause and achieve our mission. Deafblind persons independence and education!
Choose this option if you are a new SHEP member or if you want to pay your annual dues.