Donate to Sight Hearing Encouragement Program and help support our cause and achieve our mission. Deafblind persons independence, research and education!
- Your monetary gift allows SHEP to gather certified interpreters, supplies for events and help provide access to those in the Deafblind community. Your gift of money helps keep SHEP’s doors open while we can run smoothly and effectively.
- Your gift of time allows SHEP to create the bridge between Deafblind children and adults for events. Your volunteer support assists SHEP staff in getting the day to day requirements of a work day completed.
- Your gift of supplies means we can print informational brochures, teach someone to read, acquire a job, or have functioning technology to stay immersed in society.
Questions? Want to donate by phone?
Call: (405) 455-1301
Or donate by mail:
Sight Hearing Encouragement Program
4917 Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
We are a 501(C)(3) Certified Organization. Your contribution is tax deductible. Tax ID: 45-1494393
Become a Member Today!
SHEP is a non-profit organization for people who care about people who are deafblind.
There are two types of membership
1) Regular Membership: This includes persons who are deafblind, their parents/guardians, and adult siblings. When you join SHEP, you join a group that has a large network of people throughout the state who will provide support and knowledge. It is your ticket out of the isolation where can meet others who have some of the same issues and who can offer tips and listen with understanding. It also gives you the power as an advocate to change state policy and practice.
2) Associate Membership: This includes people who work in the field of deafblindness. Associates can be interveners, professionals, teachers, admins, advocates, and other interested parties. Associates can benefit from understanding the family and deafblind individual's viewpoint, sharing information with people around Oklahoma, and discovering new methods and grasping the philosophies in the field of deafblindness.
ONLINE PAYMENT FOR SHEP MEMBERSHIP
SHEP is exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our tax ID is 45-1494393.
Contributions to SHEP will be used in a number of ways:
- Funding for our future intervener program
- Funding towards community enrichment
- Funding for SSP training
- Funding for research and development into deafblind assistance professions
Choose this option if you are a new SHEP member or if you want to pay your annual dues.